Jahmu Sweet & Spicy Mixed Nuts
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Jahmu
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 cups whole almonds
- Preheat the oven to 300℉ and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sugar, water, and spices to the skillet and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add all nuts and stir until butter mixture coats the nuts thickly.
- Spread nut mixture in a single layer onto the baking sheet and bake until nuts are glazed and deep brown, stirring often. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool nuts completely on the baking sheet, stirring occasionally.
More than just a tasty protein-filled snack, these nuts are a delicious addition to salads, fruit and cheese boards, or even ice cream!
Jahmu Pumpkin Coconut Latte
Try this hearty pumpkin based recipe in place of your regular morning latte, and soak in the flavors of the season with each sip. The recipe below makes two cups, and is just as tasty served as a soup. For tea, you may serve up to four times as many by simply adding hot water and whisking until it reaches your desired consistency.
- ½ cup organic Canned Pumpkin Purée
- 1½ cup unsweetened coconut milk or any other type of milk
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp Jahmu
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot on the stove. Stir or whisk while it heats up. Remove from heat right before it boils. Serve in your favorite mug.
- Add water to drink it like a tea, or use a spoon and eat it like soup!
- 2 boxes nut milk We suggest cashew and macadamia nut here but almond milk will do
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2-6 Tbs maple syrup (or honey, sugar, sweetener of choice)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 organic egg yolks
- 2 Tbs Jahmu
- 1-2 cups rum and/or brandy optional
- Put the nut milk and coconut milk in a big pot on the stove and let it warm up (but not boil) while you prepare the eggs
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Vigorously whisk the yolks then add vanilla, maple syrup (or other sweetener), and Jahmu.
- With an egg beater beat the whites until they are peaky
- Add the yolk mixture to the pot of milk on the stove.
- Add the egg whites to the pot and stir. If you bring the mixture to a boil at this point the eggs will no longer be raw.
- Spike the eggnog with rum or brandy if desired.
- Serve warm or chilled with a sprinkle of Jahmu on top.
Vegan Version: You can make this without eggs and it will be just as delicious and a lot simpler. We recommend putting all the ingredients in a blender and serving it cold or heating the blended vegan eggnog on the stove if you want it warm. To get the same creamy, frothiness you get from the eggs you can use a handheld frother device or egg beater on low.