Jahmu Pumpkin Squash Soup
A super easy, delicious, creamy, vegan soup which you can make with any type of squash or pumpkin
- 1 pumpkin
- 1 squash
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup vegetable broth (add more or less depending on desired thickness)
- 1 Tbs Jahmu
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and roast the pumpkin and squash.
- Saute onions and garlic in a frying pan.
- Remove the pumpkin and squash from the oven and allow to cool. Remove as much skin as yu would like.
- Add the pumpkin, squash, coconut milk, vegetable broth, onions, garlic, Jahmu, and salt to a blender.
- Blend, reheat, and serve!
Jahmu Chicken Soup
- 1 whole chicken
- olive oil
- onions chopped
- celery chopped
- carrots sliced
- bone broth
- chicken broth
- parsnips chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coat the chicken with Jahmu and roast for 30-45 minutes while preparing the soup.
- In a large pan with olive oil, saute onions until they are translucent then add celery and carrots. Continue sauteing for a few minutes.
- Add bone broth, chicken broth, chopped parsnips, and two bay leaves.
- Combine chicken and soup and simmer or bake until carrots are tender and chicken breaks apart easily.
Jahmu Coconut Fish Curry
- 2 lbs Fish, cut into cubes preferably a firm, thick white fish such as cod, striped bass, tautog, grouper, trigger fish or snapper
- 3-4 Onions, chopped approx. 1 lbs
- 2-4 Carrots, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Sweet Potato or Ripe Plantain
- 1 can Coconut Milk 8 oz
- 2 Tbsp Jahmu Caffeine Free Turmeric Chai
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1-2 cups Water or Stock
- Olive Oil
- Chop onions into pieces no bigger than 1” X 1”; saute in olive oil in large pan (ideally with a top to use later). Add more oil and stir to keep from burning.
- Slice carrots on an angle, approx. ⅛” thick slices. Add to saute pan.
- Slice pepper into ½” wide slices and chop into thirds and add to saute pan.
- Cube up the sweet potato or slice up the ripe plantain and add it in. Add more olive oil if necessary.
- Add coconut milk, red pepper flakes and Jahmu. Add water or stock to submerge vegetables. (If you prefer your curries more like a soup add more liquid.)
- Cover and steam for about 5-8 minutes or until sweet potatoes (or plantains) and carrots can be punctured with a fork.
- Add fish and simmer until fish breaks apart with a fork and is cooked through (approx. 5 minutes but depends on thickness.)
- Add some cayenne pepper if you like it spicier.
- Serve along with rice and a salad.